Airman and Family Readiness
Combat-Related Special Compensation
Financial Management
Servicemembers Group Life Insurance
Transfer of Education Benefits
Benefits and Entitlements




Ensure you set up your eBenefits account online at


eBenefits is a great asset to use while you are transitioning. Some of the services provided:

  • Free premium account

  • Secure environment where you can safely access your personal information and perform self-service tasks

  • Monitor VA Claims

  • Employment resources

  • Personalized dashboard you can customize to suit preferences

  • Access the National Resource Directory, enables you to find links to resource based on subjects that interest you


Did you know you may be eligible to complete your Community College of the Air Force degree even after you have been medically retired?


Air Force combat-related wounded warriors wishing to continue their Community College of the Air Force education can now do so after separating or retiring thanks to provisions in the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act.


This legislative change supports the secretary of the Air Force's priority to ensure combat-related wounded warriors receive the services and support they need throughout the recovery process and provides a transition into additional educational opportunities through the GI Bill or Veteran's Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation program.


To be eligible, wounded warriors must have been enrolled in a CCAF degree program at the time of separation or retirement; must have been awarded a 9W-series Reporting Identifier for combat-related injuries or illnesses as reflected in the military personal system; and have 10 years from their separation or retirement date or from Dec. 30, 2011 if separated/retired between Sept. 12, 2001 and Dec. 30, 2011 to complete degree requirements.


"The recent legislative changes expanding CCAF program eligibility to our wounded warriors opens opportunities that would have otherwise been closed -- this is great news! " said Chief Master Sgt. James E. Pepin, the college's vice commandant. "CCAF degree participation by our separated or retired wounded warriors enables those individuals, who sacrificed so much for our country, the chance to complete the associate in applied science degree program they were enrolled in during their active service."


Students who do not hold a 9W-series RI, but believe they qualify for combat-related wounded warrior status should contact the Air Force Wounded Warrior Program office via email at: or call 1-800-581-9437. Program officials will determine status, effective date of status, if applicable, and update the appropriate personnel data/records.


Former Airmen with the 9W-series RI and who meet eligibility requirements may contact their local Air Force education office for more information, or email or call CCAF directly at or 334-649-5093.


For more information about Air Force personnel programs, visit the Air Force’s Personnel Center website.




Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP)


Social Security Disability Benefits (SSDI)